So quite a few of you were drawn to the cake I posted last week… and some of you even made it! I’m glad you loved it! Now are you ready for this week’s? I can’t even believe I’m doing this as we are in VBS week and I’m exhausted. But I really do love chocolate!
This recipe I got from a Sonlighter. We had a cookie exchange on the forums once and these highly additive cookies were sent to me. Truly, I’m warning you… you will NOT be able to eat just one. Hide them from your kids… they are NOT worthy… LOL!
Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 c flour
- 2-3 T instant coffee
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 2 sticks butter, in chunks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 lb chocolate (any kind… whatever is your fancy)
Whisk flour, coffee, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Beat butter until light. Add sugar and beat 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, beat for 1 minute after each addition. Add vanilla and beat till blended. Turn mixer on low and add dry ingredients mixing only until incorporated. Mix in chocolate with spoon.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours, until firm.
Preheat over to 350. Line heavy baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a heaping T for each cookie, space 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes, rotating pans half way through. Will still be soft to touch when done.
- I didn’t “obey” the time limits on beating… that’s too much thinking for me LOL!
- For my chocolate I used semi sweet chunks, white chocolate and bitter sweet. I wanted to use dark, but my local grocery didn’t have any last night. Silly them!
- Also it is REALLY important to chill this dough as she says. Makes a flat cookie if you don’t! They will still be flat… but not as flat!
- Oh and I use my pampered chef pan and I don’t use parchment paper.
- I cooked mine for about 9 minutes. 10-12 was too long in my oven.
And as a side note… I made these knowing I would eat too many. So I took them to VBS with me and made myself some yummy WW friendly cookies. They are chocolate chip cookies and only one point a piece. After all, I have to weigh in tomorrow morning for my monthly lifetime requirement. Can’t let Chocolate Friday effect that!
Don’t forget to check out Lisa’s recipe and the other links! Just click on her button at the top!